THE HISTORY OF STOKE GIFFORD
Edited by Adrian Kerton
This aim of this history compiled by Adrian Kerton is to bring together the various collections of historical material concerning Stoke Gifford, and some of its neighbouring parishes, that is scattered around various institutions and to capture memories and memorabilia of the local residents.
I hope you enjoy the site, please contact me via the contact page with any questions of if you have anything you would like to contribute. Thanks Adrian
I am indebted to Mike Stanbrook who used Stoke Gifford as his study topic for his Master’s Degree and allowed me access to all his material and to the other contributors who have made this site possible.
I am continually gathering more information for the next version. Do not copy any information to your website but please provide a link to our website.
Southern Brooks Archaeology welcomes new members
Where you will find details of my other interests, paintings, sketches and thoughts on science and other historical events.
- About Me
- BMW R75/7
- Bristol’s Boiling Wells and Quay Pipe
- Climate Change And The Earth’s Magnetic Poles, A Possible Connection.
- HMS Bramble Arthur (Jack) Lamb Letter
- How Did Gutenberg Print His Bible ?
- Kerton-Kirton Genealogy
- La Table Aux Diables
- My Colour Works
- My Photos
- My Sketches
- Roman Roads, A Simple Surveying Technique
- Stanton Drew, Somerset
- Stonehenge Astronomical Alignments
- The 22nd Field Battery Mhow 1896
- The Bridge at Hambrook
- The Lost Ponds of Stoke Gifford
- UK Climate and Control Charts
- UK Exceptional Winter Rainfall Or Just Weather As Normal?